Life lessons have been around for several years, especially for young children watching educational TV shows. In this TV movie, “The Pregnancy Pact” dives into a controversial story which occurred in Gloucester, Massachusetts in June 2008.
Here are the life lessons high school students should take into consideration before planning children while watching this film:
- Understand that teen boys will feel betrayed that they have been trapped by their girlfriends into becoming young parents. They want to enjoy sports, video games and other activities before turning 18 and before becoming a parent. Once you become a parent, it’s important for mothers and fathers to step in together and help each other raise the baby.
- Do not make the decision to have a baby for YOUR own selfish reasons. It’s important for them to be planned by two people who have the financial, physical and emotional means to take care of that child.
- Watch this film and read the controversial stories surrounding this particular issue that still pertains to high school students today.
- Teens should enjoy partaking in extracurricular activities and not rush into having children while living under their parents’ roof.
- Do NOT drink and smoke while pregnant because it can and will cause unborn babies to have birth defects.
I’ve enrolled in my first Public Relations course and what the professor taught the class thus far is something that seems recognizable in the film, “Raising Helen.” Not only do Public Relations professionals deal with advertisements but work hard to endorse, promote, sell and write speeches for every successful businesses on the job market.
In “Raising Helen,” Kate Hudson’s character worked as an assistant coordinator in the fashion industry. What her job entailed was to work with as many clients before they walked across the stage, pose for the judges and receive certain scores which can make or break their careers. Not to mention but schedule flight bookings for her clients and boss, Dominique (portrayed by Helen Mirren).
As for her second job as a cars salesman, she not only had to work with clients but had the willingness to sell used cars with confidence and carry the knowledge about the company and her job description. Advertising isn’t just enough for clients to walk in and select a car to buy. As a salesman, it’s essential to communicate thoroughly with the public, update as much information about newer vehicles as possible and address their comments, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
Public Relations in this film was used to promote and gain a basic knowledge of what two different job duties required for those companies. Lastly, in order to be rewarded for your hard work and dedication to your company, you must be willing to work patiently with the public and work from dusk until dawn. These jobs require lots of team meetings, lunch with clients and updating work on social media everyday.
Since Hurricane Harvey arrived and flooded Texas and Louisiana, here is the aftermath down-pouring rain moving at an instant rate in the state of Tennessee.