When I was in high school, I wanted to go into two different careers: 1.) Journalism and 2.) Acting. After attending my first year in college majoring in dramatic arts, I then realized that dramatic arts is an unrealistic major which will not help me get into the field of acting and the 4 year degree would be a waste of time even though it was fun to take acting courses.
To those who are interested in theater but do not know what to expect in theater courses, here is a list from my theater experience and what I learned:
- To stop being afraid of speaking in front of a large crowd
- To boost my self-confidence
- To communicative with everyone, effectively
- To be as creative as possible
- To be as realistic with my character
- To study and memorize my lines as quickly as possible